Co w trawie piszczy o tej porze? cz.3
Znalazłem wypowiedzi Chandlera z 2017 roku:

""Treatments" fall into one of three categories, in my thinking:
1. "Chemical" treatments, including miticides, powdered sugar, or any other substance not brought in by bees.
2. "Bio-mechanical" treatments, including splits, brood breaks, heaters, and other gadgets or manipulations that are intended to reduce mite loads.
3. "Genetic" treatments, such as selective breeding for specific traits, including so-called Varroa-Sensitive Hygiene, or breeding from strains known to have "Varroa-resistant" behaviours.
It seems to me that "doing nothing" really falls into caregory 3, as you are, in effect, handing over the responsibility to natural selection, by allowing those colonies that do not possess "the right stuff" to die out and take their maladaptive genes with them.
If we call ourselves "bee keepers", then it seems to me that this title carries with it certain responsibilities, just as the terms "shepherd" or "farmer" do.
So does "treatment-free", if it excludes all of the above, really boil down to neglect?"

I'm not suggesting that neglect is the same thing as selective breeding, although it may have the same result.

odpowiedź: Phil Chandler - my brain sees doing nothing as neglect if you let them collapse.

I tend to agree. I usually re-queen as soon as I see a stock beginning to go downhill.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/reasonablytreatmentfree/permalink/1583271358360560/
Cytuj ten post

Wiadomości w tym wątku
RE: Co w trawie piszczy o tej porze? cz.3 - beekeeeper98 - 27.04.2017, 16:15
RE: Co w trawie piszczy o tej porze? cz.3 - MirusB - 03.05.2017, 20:39
RE: Co w trawie piszczy o tej porze? cz.3 - MirusB - 23.05.2017, 07:41
RE: Co w trawie piszczy o tej porze? cz.3 - karolinka777 - 08.09.2017, 08:59
RE: Co w trawie piszczy o tej porze? cz.3 - Borówka - 23.01.2019, 17:51